• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Needed with New Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olikolik

What is the name of your state?Ohio

I am a driver at a large food distribution warehouse. A month ago I was hurt (ruptured disk in back) on the job. I am currently on light duty, and drawing workers comp as well. Next week, the company I work for will be bought by another company. There is a rumor that anyone that is on light duty, or off work for any illness will not be offered employment with the new company. This sounded silly to me, until I asked some people higher up, and did not recieve any real answers. They did tell me that since the company I am with now is a self insured company, the new company will probably not allow me to be on light duty, because the only reason I am on it now is to save the current company money because they do not have to report a work loss injury.

I am a union worker, and the new company has agreed to keep the current contract until the end of the year. I am not sure if this saves me, or not. I have a call in to the union but have not been responded to. So hopefully someone here will be able to shed some light on my situation.

Thanks for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">