• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help please..frustrated!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dfrustrated

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Earlier in the month I received a job offer pending background check. After a week or so the background check came back with some false information. i provided the background company with documents refuting the information (court stamped), contacted the company informed them of the situation and am still waiting. Every time I ask them if I should seek other employment I get no response, They say tehy have to give the background company 30days to clear all disputes.

Side note: The background company they are using, just settled a class action suit for "Not clearing disputes in a timely manner , and for filing false information. I informed my prospective employer of this.

Do yu think i still have a chance of getting the job?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

Earlier in the month I received a job offer pending background check. After a week or so the background check came back with some false information. i provided the background company with documents refuting the information (court stamped), contacted the company informed them of the situation and am still waiting. Every time I ask them if I should seek other employment I get no response, They say tehy have to give the background company 30days to clear all disputes.

Side note: The background company they are using, just settled a class action suit for "Not clearing disputes in a timely manner , and for filing false information. I informed my prospective employer of this.

Do yu think i still have a chance of getting the job?
We don't have the ability to see what is going on in the minds of the perspective employer. There is no legal answer to give here. I can give you my own personal opinion, however: Don't stop looking for work until you have the signed offer letter.

Beth3

Do yu think i still have a chance of getting the job? Sorry - my crystal ball is out for repair. I agree with Antigone - continue on with your job search until you have a firm offer in hand.

Antigone*

Do yu think i still have a chance of getting the job? Sorry - my crystal ball is out for repair. I agree with Antigone - continue on with your job search until you have a firm offer in hand.
I took mine off the stand for only a moment, next thing I know it went rolling off the table and kaboosh...pieces everywhere. The worst thing, I let my crystal ball insurance lapse when I forgot to pay my premiums:(

Dfrustrated

I apologize. I guess there is no actual legal question, just looking for advise as a whole..sorry . But thank you for advise as far as to keep looking .

commentator

They don't have to wait for you to get these issues cleared. There are lots of prospective employees out there. Don't stop looking. BUt then, if they want you, they may decide to wait for you. But don't stop looking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">