• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please my self image is at risk

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kaelansmom

What is the name of your state? I am In Tennessee I recently inteviewed for a management position and was hired on the spot. I started the training today for the position. My issue is that I was interviewed and hired with my tounge and ears pierced and no mention was made of it during my interview. I am not one to but put into a position where I can not be myself. I would not have eccepted the position If I had know that they would want me to take them out. I just need to know if they can force me to conform to thier standards even though it was undisclosed to me prior to my acceptance of the position. the piercing in no way hinder my job preformance. Thank you so much for all your help any input you have would be greatly appreciated

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kaelansmom said:
What is the name of your state? I am In Tennessee I recently inteviewed for a management position and was hired on the spot. I started the training today for the position. My issue is that I was interviewed and hired with my tounge and ears pierced and no mention was made of it during my interview. I am not one to but put into a position where I can not be myself. I would not have eccepted the position If I had know that they would want me to take them out. I just need to know if they can force me to conform to thier standards even though it was undisclosed to me prior to my acceptance of the position. the piercing in no way hinder my job preformance. Thank you so much for all your help any input you have would be greatly appreciated

My response:

Depends on the type of job you'll be doing. Is there direct contact with the public, or are you sitting behind a desk in a cubicle?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, they can require you to remove your piercings as a condition of employment, regardless of whether they advised you of the company dress code before hire or not. They can legally fire you if you refuse to conform.

Your self image will either have to adjust itself to only being in operation outside of work hours, or find itself a place to work that doesn't care what you look like.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">