• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help requested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

principal01

I am in Iowa

here is my question:

I am a pricipal and a head girls basktball coach the other day before a game i was talking with a student who was in a bad mood i was trying to lighten her mood she was wearing our warm-up pants with teh snaps on the side. I grabbed her pants below the knee near the ankle to unsap a couple of the buttons. I thought she had her game shorts on as most always wear those underneeth. When i did this they cam unbotton all the way downt he side and she was not wearing shorts. HSe feel to the floor and buttont he back up. she was embarrassed and i was as well it was not my intention to embarrass or harm her. It was basically a attempt to make her smile that went terrible wrong. Can the district fire me for this

sandyclaus

I am in Iowa

here is my question:

I am a pricipal and a head girls basktball coach the other day before a game i was talking with a student who was in a bad mood i was trying to lighten her mood she was wearing our warm-up pants with teh snaps on the side. I grabbed her pants below the knee near the ankle to unsap a couple of the buttons. I thought she had her game shorts on as most always wear those underneeth. When i did this they cam unbotton all the way downt he side and she was not wearing shorts. HSe feel to the floor and buttont he back up. she was embarrassed and i was as well it was not my intention to embarrass or harm her. It was basically a attempt to make her smile that went terrible wrong. Can the district fire me for this
First of all, I find your spelling, grammar, and lack of sentence structure APPALLING. If you really are a school principal, you obviously need a bit more English education.

And yes. Any unwanted touching of any student of any nature is liable to get you fired. What the heck were you thinking, unbuttoning her warm-up pants like that? How exactly was that supposed to make her smile?

I think something is terribly wrong here.

proud_parent

First of all, I find your spelling, grammar, and lack of sentence structure APPALLING. If you really are a school principal, you obviously need a bit more English education.

And yes. Any unwanted touching of any student of any nature is liable to get you fired. What the heck were you thinking, unbuttoning her warm-up pants like that? How exactly was that supposed to make her smile?

I think something is terribly wrong here.

My husband has taught in Iowa's public schools for 20 years. I also have an incredibly difficult time believing the OP is what s/he purports to be.

swalsh411

OP is not who he/she claims to be. More likely a student who wants to get back at a coach or principal and is testing the waters as to what kind of story would get them fired.

principal01

first,

I apologize for my grammar and spelling. I was typing fast and did not go back and check. So i apologize

Second,

all of our team wears there shorts under their warm-ups. I assumed the she had her shorts on. I have a great coaching relationship with this girl and she knew that it was not my intent to embarrass or harm her. There was no sexual intent at all. We were in the locker area with other students and coaches. So there was no sexual intent. I was tying to make her laugh by what i thought would be just popping a couple of the buttons down by her ankle. It went terrible wrong and more buttons popped open. I know the outcome was bad, but it was not my intention in anyway.

proud_parent

first,

I apologize for my grammar and spelling. I was typing fast and did not go back and check. So i apologize

Second,

all of our team wears there shorts under their warm-ups. I assumed the she had her shorts on. I have a great coaching relationship with this girl and she knew that it was not my intent to embarrass or harm her. There was no sexual intent at all. We were in the locker area with other students and coaches. So there was no sexual intent. I was tying to make her laugh by what i thought would be just popping a couple of the buttons down by her ankle. It went terrible wrong and more buttons popped open. I know the outcome was bad, but it was not my intention in anyway.
My reason for disbelieving your story had much less to do with the sloppy grammar and spelling than with the fact that you had to ask the question.

I read your post to my husband. His take: "What was he thinking? That's the kind of behavior that gets teachers fired!"

WILL your district fire you (or ask for your resignation) over this? That remains to be seen. COULD your district do so? You'd better believe it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In the exceedingly unlikely event that the OP is who he says he is, the fact that he even has to ask the question means that IMO, he should be fired immediately. Anyone who did not know without being told that it was INCREDIBLY inappropriate to touch a student in the way described regardless of whether there was sexual intent or not, has no business working anywhere in the vicinity of anyone under the age of 18.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then again, in the rather more likely event that this is actually a student who wants to get someone in trouble and is trying out their story, read up on the rules of slander before you take this very misguided action any further.

justalayman

first,

Second,

while this is better, especially since you presumably took the time to proofread your post, it is even more egregious to have the spelling, syntax, and grammatical errors it does.

Sorry but I'm not buying the story.

davew128

When I first read this thread, I thought it was something like trying to help get the pants off where there difficulty or something a little more reasonable and accidental. Reading the news accounts, it was gross stupidity.

Proserpina

OP's story may've been real, but I still think OP was a/the student, not the principal.

My instinct is the same as yours.

I know the story is true but as for the identity of the OP? Not convinced at all that it is actually the principal.

(Not that it really matters, but I suppose I just wanted to add my tuppence!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">