• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it HIPAA, defamation, or violation of civil rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InSC

If someone could please explain to me how I could pursue action based upon the following scenarios I've experienced: In working for a medical university, I also went to university associated doctors, who input their notes into a university/hospital database. I learned from my doctor that he had knowledge that my former director, who is not a physician, had accessed and viewed my medical records by entering the medical database (which apparently requires some sort of code indicating whoever accesses the information). I was terminated. Since, my former employer and members of her department have spread rumors about me based, in part, on information they obtained by viewing my medical records in an otherwise restricted database; and through obtaining personal correspondence from my personal e-mail (in two ways: having my roommate go onto my Macintosh computer to obtain records; and by hacking into my PC, which ultimately crashed due to malware, which my computer tech has related to my former employer's servers); have sent me e-mail invitations to recovery groups unrelated to my condition; and have said to potential employers to never give me a job. Most attorneys I have contacted in SC are somehow tied to this medical university; and few have any expertise in any of these areas. Where do I start? Any ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">