• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired, but not hired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomar2100

What is the name of your state?Florida

I went in for an interview for a job they told me that they wanted to hire me immediately starting the next day. I informed them that I would need to give my current employer at least a weeks notice and they said no problem.
They had me come in 2 days later to fill out my w2s and copy my drivers license and social security #. When I was leaving they all said goodbye and see you monday. Well I recieved a call today (thursday) and the company told me that they filled the position they were going to hire me for with another applicant that already started. He then continued by telling me to go back to my current employer and basically and beg for my job back. I spoke to my employer and they will not let me continue working there. So now i'm out not only 1 good job but also out the only other 1 I had.
Is this legal??? :mad:

Beth3

There are no laws that prohibit an employer from renegging on a job offer so no, it's not illegal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">