• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hired or not hired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Twaldie

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My question is:

If you receive a letter of hire and it says the date you are to be hired (this date contingent on your physical). And you take the physical and everything is good except they say your sugar is high you should probably see your doctor. Which I immediatly made an appointment. Can the company tell you the day after your hired date(after spending that first day relieved because you finally got permanent after almost a year as being a temp.) that they are postponing your hired date and that they called the temp agency and told them to put me back on there payroll? My physical was fine just my sugar was high and I did find out that I have Diabetes 2 which runs in my family. I can't seem to get any answers from HR as to when Or how long it will take until they hire me. I will loose my seniority and I will not see that raise until they hire me. What should or can I do????
Thank you
Theresa Waldie

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Twaldie said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My question is:

If you receive a letter of hire and it says the date you are to be hired (this date contingent on your physical). And you take the physical and everything is good except they say your sugar is high you should probably see your doctor. Which I immediatly made an appointment. Can the company tell you the day after your hired date(after spending that first day relieved because you finally got permanent after almost a year as being a temp.) that they are postponing your hired date and that they called the temp agency and told them to put me back on there payroll? My physical was fine just my sugar was high and I did find out that I have Diabetes 2 which runs in my family. I can't seem to get any answers from HR as to when Or how long it will take until they hire me. I will loose my seniority and I will not see that raise until they hire me. What should or can I do????
Thank you
Theresa Waldie

My response:

Were you being hired for a secretary position?

IAAL

T

Twaldie

hired or not??

New Hampshire,
NO I was not hired for a secretary position. I was hired for production in a clean room. I already was working there for just shy of a year. Is it because of the insurance? Does it make a difference if you are hired as a secretary?

Theresa Waldie

T

Twaldie

need some answers?

New Hampshire

My doctors office called thursday the 10th of june and said he had faxed papers to the company nurse. I still have yet to hear from the nurse and if I ask Human resourse what is up she tells me she does not know. She just tells me to wait for the nurse to call me. What can I do? My hire date is on hold until she steps in. T waldie

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You wait.

So far, nothing you have described is unlawful. IF they refuse to hire you SOLELY because you have been diagnosed with diabetes, THEN you may be able to take action as that would most likely (not definitely - it would depend on some factors not available to us) constitute a violation of the ADA. But nothing in the law says that they can't defer your start date waiting on the results of the test.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">