• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired for out of state job, had start date but haven't started yet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kell22TA

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

: I was hired by a company that travels constantly in mid August , I was given a start date of September 13 in a state that is not my state of residence. Three days before before I was leaving for that state I was informed I would not be receiving per diem or travel pay (all other employees receive this), because they are going to hire me as a "local". I still traveled to this job since I had no other options at this point. I have been waiting for three weeks and have yet to start. Do they have to pay me per diem since that was originally agreed upon? And can I receive any compensation for my time waiting? can I sue them if they don\'t hire me after I already had a verbal contract and start date?

Betty

You mention a verbal contract. Do you also have any type of written "agreement/contract"? If so, take it to an employment or contract attorney in your area for review as suggested.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">