• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired- sent offer letter with salary & start date, then told the position not availab

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

imobannon

Hired- sent offer letter

After an interview process, I was recently offered a position with an organization. I had several conversations with my primary contact and was then sent an "offer letter" thanking me for accepting their offer. This letter included salary and start date. The primary executive of this organization sent an email to all interested parties (more than 50 names) announcing my hiring and position and included me on the distribution.

On the Friday preceding the Monday I was to start, I was called by my primary contact who stated that funding for the position was being held up and that he was certain the funding would be available through one of numerous ways and "that I did not need to look for another job." On the following Thursday, I was told that the money would not be available and that position would not be filled. I would have no employment relationship with this organization.

Do I have cause to bring a breach of contract suit in the state of Oklahoma? Are there employment laws that address false promises of employment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">