• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired then Outsourced

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

michigan98

MI----What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Here is the situation... I accepted a job offer. I was hired, I was to start in 6 days... I quit my current job of 10 years and was in the process of relocating in order to start this position. I am on day 12 of my 14 day notice at my current job only to find out today that now the new position is being relocated to a different state. Needless to say I have now signed a lease, my current job hired a replacement, and I have put a house for sale. Am I just flat out screwed?:mad:

Last edited:

eerelations

You should consult with an attorney to explore the possibility of a detrimental reliance suit.

Last edited:

Beth3

Wow. That stinks. I agree that you should speak with an employment law attorney about a claim for detrimental reliance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">