• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hired Under False Pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LISAJEAN

What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON i WAS WORKING AT ONE NURSING HOME AND THE COMPANY CAME TO ME AND ASKED ME TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER NURSING HOME TO BE THE DIETARY MANAGER THERE. I WAS THERE FOR ONE MONTH AND THE NEXT THING I KNOW, THE LADY THAT WAS DOING THE JOB BEFORE ME CAME BACK WITH THE UNION AND GOT HER JOB BACK. I WAS NOT TOLD ABOUT THIS SITUATION AT ALL BY THE COMPANY. SHE CAME IN ONE MORNING WHEN I WAS WORKING AND TOLD ME THAT THE COMPANY WAS TERMINATING ME. I DID NOT HAVE A CLUE. IT TOOK THE DIRECTOR OF THE BUILDING THREE DAYS TO CALL ME AFTER THIS HAD HAPPENED. HE TOLD ME THAT I WAS NOT TERMINATED AND THAT HE WOULD LIKE TO OFFER ME THE NIGHT SHIFT WITHOUT THE TITLE OF DIETARY MANAGER. I TOLD HIM THAT I COULD NOT DO THAT, THAT IS NOT WHAT HE HIRED ME FOR. HE TOLD ME HE WAS SORRY, BUT THERE WAS NOTHING HE COULD DO. I HAVE SIGNED UP FOR UNEMPLOYMENT UNTIL THEY COULD GIVE ME MY POSITION BACK. IS THERE SOMETHING MORE THAT I SHOULD DO OR SAY TO MAKE THEM DO SOMETHING MORE? I HAVE BEEN VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS, AND VERY HURT BY THE COMPANY. WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE HELP!!!

BelizeBreeze

Something more you can do?

Yes, stop typing in all-caps. It's hard to read and downright rude.

As for your job, unless you are a member of the union yourself, in which case you can file a grievence, nothing illegal has transpired.

ecmst12

You have jeopardized your unemployment claim by refusing the alternate employment offered you. If the company chooses to fight your claim, they will probably win.

Gadfly

I'm wondering how you could work for a company, be offered another job at a different facility owned by the same company, work at that position and not know what has been going on. These facilities don't need meetings, email or bulletin board to spread information, their internal gossip mill has all the correct information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">