• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hired under false pretenses PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sloreto

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I was hired to be the manager of a store near my home. I was told on my hire date that I would have to fill in at another store until after inventory. I understood this even if it was a reduced pay from what we had originally discussed, as it was only for about 2 weeks. At the end of that 2 weeks I saw that I was still being scheduled in the other store and when I approached my district manager about it he replied that I was not going to the other store and that I should just continue working for the lower pay. I believe that there was no intention to make me manager at the other location and that they said those things just to get me in the door to help with inventory... is this legal.

There was an offer, an acceptance, and compensation... Just a lie at the end of it. That and it cost me a higher paying job somewhere else.

mlane58

The offer letter spells out what the employer anticipates will happen. It is not setting out a guarantee that nothing will ever change, and you do not want it to. If the offer letter were carved in stone, you could never receive a pay raise, or an increase in benefits.

Betty

I agree - nothing illegal here. I don't see from your post where the offer was in a written employment contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">