• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hireing discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skip hill

I have been unemployed for over a year and a hslf, over the last 3-4 months I have continuasly applied for employment with the Ga dept of corrections at a number of prisons in my area, I have been continuasly turned down, I finaly had the assistant warden admite during 1 of my last intervews that he could not recomend me for employment to the warden because of a minor speach impedament that I have, is this leagal ??....SKIP

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It could be, if the ability to speak without an impediment is a BFOQ (bona fide occupational qualification). And while I am not familiar with all the requirements for working for the Department of Corrections, I can see where it could be for at least some positions.

swalsh411

No offense intended here but did you make as many spelling mistakes on your application as you did in your post? That could also be another reason you are having trouble getting a job.

We all make them from time to time and it's not necessary to be perfect on a message board but I mean come on....

All of these would be underlined in red if you were using Firefox. There is really no excuse for that many spelling mistakes.

Hireing
hslf
continuasly
Ga
continuasly
finaly
admite
intervews
recomend
speach
impedament
leagal

Last edited:

skip hill

My miss spellings

....I'm sorry, I didn’t see a spell checker when I originally posted, normally I run a spell check, below is the corrected version done with my WORD program...

I have been unemployed for over a year and a half, over the last 3-4 months I have continually applied for employment with the Ga dept of corrections at a number of prisons in my area, I have been continually turned down, I finally had the assistant warden admit during 1 of my last interviews that he could not recommend me for employment to the warden because of a minor speech impediment that I have, is this legal??....SKIP

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I already answered your question. Perhaps you have difficulty with reading comprehension as well as spelling?

eerelations

You personally don't know the correct spelling of any of these words? You need a computerized spell-checker to tell you? :eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">