• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

explorerfl

state of florida. i applied for a director's job at a large corp. i was interviewed and was told I would be contacted for a second interview if i made the cut. three weeks later, i received a phonemail saying that i was scheduled for the second interview and that i had not appeared. i called them to say i was never notified. the admin person claimed they spoke to me. they did not. later, as i inquired of family members, i found an old message on my cell phone. i did not have access to that feature, not having the access code. the phone company assisted me and that's how i retrieved the message. that's the only contact i could verify. the admin person said the job was filled that day so i could not reschedule the interview. i think they definitely screwed up but i'm out the job. i had worked in the organization before it split in two and i was left in the other entity where i held a director's position. i'm certainly qualified for the job. i had quit my director's job to pursue another interest and left under good circumstances. i'm left feeling cheated because of some H.R. foul-up. do i have a legal remedy in this situation? if so, does it fall under employment law or negligence or ...?

Last edited:

H

happy&lucky

Yes it falls under negligence.....YOUR NEGLIGENCE!

You buy a cell phone and dont know how to use it, why would i want to hire you?

And why didnt you have your own phone # with an answering machine?

YOU lost the job...kiddo

explorerfl

FYI, I do have a home phone with an answering machine. I was never contacted at home. No call. No phonemail on the home phone. Not until the day of the interview.

H

happy&lucky

What phone # was on your resume and your application?

Why was ONLY your cell # in their database?

explorerfl

Per your question, my resume listed my home phone, my cell phone, and my e-mail address. The first interview was scheduled via a call to my home phone. I have no idea why they decided to call my cell and not my home.

Your point re not knowing how to access mobil phone mail is pertintent. I would expect an opposing attorney to ask that too. It was a new cell phone and it came with the feature, although I did not order it. I called the cell company and they stepped me through the process including the pin code which I did not know. Certainly, it's not anyone else's fault.

Last edited:
H

happy&lucky

Ahhhhhhh....... they assumed since you have a cell phone you knew how to use it, and they called on that day because most people TRAVEL with their cell phone.

I guess your inexperience with cell phones cost you the job interview.

Sorry..... thats how I ....if i were the HR person would look at it.

PS....maybe they should have left a message on your home phone, but then maybe they assumed it wasn't your PRIVATE phone #.

So calling the cell phone would be the fastest way to reach you.

So i guess you know now NEVER put your cell # on any application unless you actually use it. AND learn to access your home answering machine from your cell phone.

Good luck!

explorerfl said:
FYI, I do have a home phone with an answering machine. I was never contacted at home. No call. No phonemail on the home phone. Not until the day of the interview.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">