• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring and Credit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DSPENCER

State: New York, NY

I am in a class action defamation of character lawsuit against one of the credit reporting agencies. They have been reporting fraudulent, derogatory information on my credit report, which has prevented me from obtaining employment, credit, etc.

I have recently been offered employment in banking and finance. I would like to know if it is possible to legally include a stipulation in an employee offer letter that will exempt a credit check as part of the hiring process due to this lawsuit. Is this common? What is this type of agreement called?

Thanks for your help.

ALawyer

There are 3 main credit bureaus, and unless you are the principal plaintiff and/or are suing all 3, ask your class action lawyer how to handle this.

Most financial firms won't just waive requirements.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">