• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flipper

State of Tennessee; I work as an maintenance technition in an automobile plant (non union), that is a supplier of a larger automobile manufactuer (non union). The larger auto plant was expanding and in process of hiring MANY more maintenance tech's. Many of the maintenance tech's from the smaller auto plant were involved in the hiring process, to get a better posotion at the larger auto plant. Several had been hired, several were to be hired. Then all of a sudden, the hiring of maintenance tech's from the smaller auto manufactuer stopped, and information was leaked that a meeting took place and an agreement was reached between the two plants, to stop any furthar hiring of the maintenance techs from the smaller plant.

The larger auto manufactuer began hiring unexperinced technitions to fill there slots. Is it legal for this agreement between the two auto manufactuers to exclude the future hiring of the maintenance technitions from the smaller plant?

B

buddy2bear

Apparently the small plant - auto parts supplier? -- did not like its workforce being raided by the auto manufacturing plant. This is completely understandable. If the auto parts supplier loses its trained techs to the auto manufacturer, then it will not be able to supply the manufacturer with parts and would breach its contract to supply parts and thereby, perhaps, even end up going out of business, which would make it necessary for the auto manufacturer to secure a new parts supplier. The amount of money, time, etc., lost could be enormous.

As far as I know, an agreement not to raid another company's workforce for employees is not against any law that I know of.

F

flipper

TO BUDDYBEAR

Yeah, I can see that, but I don't really like it. I appreciate your input,,, thanks !

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">