• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring and Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TRINITY1SW

This is my situation/question. I worked at my past jog for a year as a preschool assistant from 9 to 3pm, then from 3 to 6pm I was a staff supervisor. I had put that on my resume and when my prospective employer called for the refrence, a woman with a personal grudge against me lied and said that I was never a preschool assistant or a supervisor, then preceded to bad mouth me on a personal level. As a result, needless to say I did not get the position. I was wondering if what this woman did was legal, and if not what type of action or lawyer I should contact.

Thanks,
Trinity in MI

crager34

slander/liable

If the company you wanted to work for, will not help with this...get a friend. Have this friend call your old job, asking for a referrence. If they do it again, you have a witness and a case. To make it better, find out if your state is ok with one party knowing if a call is recorded...then you have a stronger case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">