• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring issue.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dua_frank

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

I had registered a company (LLC) a couple of years back and am the president of it currently. This company never made any money and no taxes were filed.

I work in a company as a manager. Now, I have been offered a job at a company which is not in conflict with the one that I own currently and would like take up the offer. Will mine owning a company be an issue to being hired by the new company? If they do have a conflict and I am willing to transfer the company on to my wife's name. Will I be given a chance to do that? Presently they have selected me and are on the urine drug screening process. Will appreciate your advice.

Regards,
Frank.

JETX

dua_frank said:
Will mine owning a company be an issue to being hired by the new company?
I have submitted your question to our online 'magic 8 ball', and the answer was "It is decidedly so!".
http://www.bellaonline.org/code/bellaball/bella_answer.asp

If they do have a conflict and I am willing to transfer the company on to my wife's name. Will I be given a chance to do that?
On this one, the magic 8 ball response was: "My sources say no!"

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answers to both your questions can only be answered by the company you are interviewing with. We have no way of knowing whether they will have any problems with your company and if so, what options they will give you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">