• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring policy not same for everyone!!!!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wantajob

What is the name of your state?NC I was interviewed for a job recently. It was a County goverment job. My husband works for the county, we would have been working different departments. The problem is they would not hire me because my husband works there. They said this was the problem. The reason I am not happy is because They hired my husband's supervisor daughter to work in the same department as her own dad ( a supervisor). This is not the first time they have hired family. I quess the question I have is there anything I can do to get this job I really would like to have it and I need the money. Thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No. It is legal for them to refuse to hire family members within the same department, even if they have not followed that policy for someone else. Quite possibly they did not have that regulation when the daughter was hired and she was "grandfathered" in.

But even if that is not the case, you cannot force them to hire you and you have no legal grounds for any kind of case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">