• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring questions about a misdemeanor DUI in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

regretfully

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I was recently convicted of a first misdeameanor DUI. I am regretful of my actions and take full responsibility for my past and future behavior. That said, what can a potential employer ask about regarding a criminal background in Florida?

Can the employer ask:
1.) If you have been charged with crime?
2.) Only about felonies?
3.) Only about convictions

I was employed in the financial industry and would like to get back into it. Will a recent DUI prevent me from seeking gainful employment as a advisor or wholesaler? If they are any recruiters or hiring managers reading this, I would appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks to all.

Any clarification you all can lend me is greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I'm not where I can look up my source material at the moment, but I do not believe that Florida is one of the very few states that puts limits on an employer's right to ask about convictions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">