• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring under False Prestense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bovineh2o

What is the name of your state? Florida.

I was called by a head hunter for a job at a federal hospital. He told me my hours to work would be 8am to 4:30pm now weekends, no evenings. Three days after I arrive, I found out this was not the case. I talked with the chief director of the pharmacy whom had never talked with my recruiter and had no idea this agreement had been made. The director called the assistant director and I over heard her say "Well, I thought it was more important to just get a body in here". My recruiter pulled all of his email between the hospital and his self, and there was nothing said about the flexible schedule. I conceded though to keep the job and work evenings and weekends through the summer. Now when school starts, I'm going to be working 12 days in a row have 2 days off, work 12, two days off and so forth. I'll be working every other weekend. Do I have a legitimate case for being hired under false pretense? I feel like they did the old "bait and switch" game, they lied to me, and said take or leave it. Please help. Thank you.

HappyHusband

Bovineh2o said:
What is the name of your state? Florida.

I was called by a head hunter for a job at a federal hospital. He told me my hours to work would be 8am to 4:30pm now weekends, no evenings. Three days after I arrive, I found out this was not the case. I talked with the chief director of the pharmacy whom had never talked with my recruiter and had no idea this agreement had been made. The director called the assistant director and I over heard her say "Well, I thought it was more important to just get a body in here". My recruiter pulled all of his email between the hospital and his self, and there was nothing said about the flexible schedule. I conceded though to keep the job and work evenings and weekends through the summer. Now when school starts, I'm going to be working 12 days in a row have 2 days off, work 12, two days off and so forth. I'll be working every other weekend. Do I have a legitimate case for being hired under false pretense? I feel like they did the old "bait and switch" game, they lied to me, and said take or leave it. Please help. Thank you.
Do I have a legitimate case for being hired under false pretense?

Unless you have an employment contract, you can take it or leave it.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Unless you have a binding, bona fide contract that says otherwise, your employer is free to change your hours at any time he wishes.

xylene

The demand for healthcare workers is high.

Talk to your recruiter about another position.

That schdule is terrible and will no doubt eventually contribute to a medical mistake.

Get a contract.

I do not understand WHY a health care professional would allow themselves to be treated with less pride, diginity, fair compensation and consideration (scheduling) than the AVERAGE CAR FACTORY WORKER.

Let me ask, and then answer a question.

Are you in a union? NO. Didn't think so...

Good luck with that and enjoy your 24 weekends a year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">