• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring under false pretenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Joyella

i had heard a radio add for csr's at a very large telephone company and went to take the tests to get the csr job advertised. i passed all tests and was told i would go in for a realistic job preview to see what goes on there. we were once again told this was a csr job. after i had quit a mediocre paying job to go to work as a csr where i had planned to retire because the company was so great we go in for orientation and training for 8 weeks. while sitting in a 7 hour orientation class we we exposed to a QUOTA for sales. this is the first i had heard that i would be REQUIRED to sale over the telephone we all asked the questions what kind of quota and how many times did we need to meet this quota. we were told the quota was low (it is $700 maybe $600 a day) and that we did not have to meet it everyday. in training we were constantly reminded if we do not sellwe could be terminated. 1 lady from our class quit 5 weeks into training because she came to become a customer service rep not to push sales on people. if a person did not take your pitch then it was called "not a quality offer" i did great for 3 months exceeded 100% but i burned out on it fast the 4th month my sales were 77%which was half of my previous months. is there anything i can do to pursue any money settlement for being given false information before starting training, i also know several of the people i took training classes with will also tell you the same thing that there was no mention of selling before we had all quit our jobs.

B

buddy2bear

The definition of a "customer service representative," does include SALES. Just because you didn't know the complete definition of a CSR, does not mean you have a basis to sue for a deceptive ad. Now, if they had required you to pay them money for some kind of at-home sewing kit or "training," then you might have had a leg to stand on. In the "old days," in school, you were taught how to read an ad. I guess that's not done anymore!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">