• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HOLDING PAYCHECK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elizabeth1

I recently quit working for a company. I was an independent contractor doing typing for them. The company is based out of Montana. They have failed to pay me for my last two weeks that I did work for them. The owner will not return my calls or answer my e-mails. What recourse do I have? Who do I report this to? Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you can give me.

crager34

I love these

Same thing happened to me. Write them a very nice letter, giving them about 5 working days to pay you what is owed. It is important that there is some sort of paperwork that shows you did the work. State, if they do not comply, you will pursue a claim for "goods & services sold". The services are your labor and the goods are the money they owe. BE PREPARED TO FOLLOW UP and dn't back down. If you you have to go to court, you might be able to re-coup legal fees and so on. Not a bad idea to send a copy to a lawyer, just in case you want to use on.

ps. I am not a lawyer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">