• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

holiday pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamwham2

texas

my husband paid our employees for xmas day if they worked the day after or the day before the holiday. i got upset.

he said it was a federal law that people must be paid at least one day of the holiday - if they worked before or after that holiday date,.

is he messin with me or not.......i never had heard of that law.

please let me know asap, i need to decide if he is going to sleep on the couch tonite or not.!!!!! :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no law that non-exempt employees have to be paid holiday pay whether they work the day before the holiday, after the holiday, or both. Exempt employees must be paid their full salary regardless of holidays unless they do not work at all the entire week. However, law or no law, an employer that does not pay for major holidays may soon find himself without any employees.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">