• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hope you can help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimbones

Today i had a representative from the EEOC contact me today. He stated that he spoke to my companies attorneys and they are claiming that i was wrongfully terminated. they wanted to know what i wanted. Of course i said my job back they told him no. But we can offer him $10,000 to $25,000. is that a good settlement for being wrongfully terminated because of my disability. Please help never had EEOC filed before. what do i do and should i hold out for more. I want to thank everyone for there help.

Mass_Shyster

Today i had a representative from the EEOC contact me today. He stated that he spoke to my companies attorneys and they are claiming that i was wrongfully terminated. they wanted to know what i wanted. Of course i said my job back they told him no. But we can offer him $10,000 to $25,000. is that a good settlement for being wrongfully terminated because of my disability. Please help never had EEOC filed before. what do i do and should i hold out for more. I want to thank everyone for there help.
If you were a vice president of Microsoft, in line for Bill Gate's job, then $25,000 doesn't sound like a very good settlement.

On the other hand, if you were an outside sales person, who hadn't made any sales in the past five years, $10,000 would sound pretty good.

But seriously, you need to talk to a local attorney and explain all the details.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no possible way for us to tell you what is and is not a good offer, since it depends on many variable factors, none of which we know.

If you have not already done so, this would be a good time to consult with an attorney in your state. If you have done so, you should be asking him, not us.

There are some things that a message board cannot help with. This is one of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">