• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile work environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qtip

Five years ago, the company I work for hired someone who would from time to time yell at co-workers and me. During that time, I complained to my supervisor who kept telling me to forget about it. I finally had had enough and took my complaint to Human Resources. A senior manager has confirmed my complaint with other employees and says that he will discuss the matter with the offending person. I have now learned that the offending person's supervisor has already spoken to him and even recorded the action in an annual review. Since the supervisor never informed me that warnings had taken place, I have been under the impression that the offending person was more important than me and I was in fear of losing my job if I complained further.

Do I have a hostile work environment case?

P

PA Linn

Reply to Hostile Work Enviornment

You have a case for hostile work enviornment in this order 1) once you've informed your immediate supervior of the problem and it was ignored, next you informed your Human Resource person, it is ovious that the person was reprimanded some, but if the person actions create the hostile work environment again then you have a case for lawyers. Document, document of witnesses. Your immediate supervisor,and anyone who ignores your informing them of the hostile work environment and doing nothing makes them also libel personally for ignoring the problem and the company responsible as well. Again, speak to an employment lawyer who has experience in this area, check into cases handled in Federal Court in your area in regards to harrassment, hostile work environment cases.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">