• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hostile work environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

midas3

ihave been employed for 10 mo. at a small, privatly owned, freight company in texas. currently at the terminal are myself, the mgr.,and 5 drivers. the termial mgr and i were friends prior to my employment. the mgr and warehouse foreman have an unusual relationship. they constantly argue. these arguments include yelling, cursing, abusing property, (ie. breaking windows, doors, and damaging frt and equipment). the foreman? quits or is fired on a weekly basis always to return (?). the mgr is female and constantly takes verbal abuse from him. one driver was cursed at by the foreman and both got in a fight the mgr stepped in physically to stop and was hit in the face by the foreman. foreman filed charges against driver. in her police and company report the mgr omitted this fact. both driver and foreman were terminated the next day. foreman is suing driver. company has no chain of command or human resource. i reported the 10 months of abuse and the omission to another terminal manager. i am concerned that whatever the outcome my job is in jeopardy. who else do i report this to? do i have a legal ground to stand on or is it in the companys hands?

[Edited by midas3 on 07-05-2001 at 12:15 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">