• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hostile working environment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anonymousprof

I am an Assistant Professor at a State College. I worked there for 4 years on a term contract (2 year renewed once for another two years) and was then hired after a national search for a tenure-track line, which began in Fall 1999. My department chair suddenly began accusing me of "slacking", which is untrue, as I doubled my efforts and ended up working up to 70 hours a week. The chair gave me a low merit rating in Spring 2000 and has just given me another low recommendation in addition to "shunning" me for the last year by not acknowledging me when we meet, even when I say "hello." My documented record of teaching, scholarship and service belies everything the chair says, but by raising a "red flag" the chair is setting me up to be denied tenure. I have just given my resignation to the Provost as I cannot take this treatment anymore, and am submitting my response to the chair's evaluation claiming that I am resigning due to a hostile working environment. Do I have a case?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Read all applicable sections below and then contact an employment labor law attorney in your state who has experience in Tenured type issues. To do this, try attorneypages.com OR try calling your state bar association and ask for lawyer referral.

http://employment-law.freeadvice.com/

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">