• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hours for Minors in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ArtificialHorizon

I have a son that has an after-school job. All went well for the first few weeks, but his supervisor is asking him to work later than he should on school nights. I talked with his supervisor about it and he got mad and said those were the hours and if my son couldn't work them then he would be fired.

My question is: Are there any laws regarding what hours a minor can be required to work in the state of NC? If so, what are they and is there a place on the web that I can read them?

Thanks for your help!

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Try "Child Labor Laws" on a search engine. I used to have them memorized, as I was a co-op advisor. These are FEDERAL and would supercede anything NC has. Write back if I helped!

------------------
I *don't* have an attitude, even if my writing makes me look like I do

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">