• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how to attack a non-compete agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asdf

The agreement I signed a year ago with a consulting company reads: "...Employee shall not during the term of this Agreement, and for a period of one year thereafter, perform services for any __co-name__ client for which Employee provided services under this agreement..."

I have the following points to make; how valid are these in challenging the Agreement in Texas? :

1. No consideration (other than salary and worth-less stock options) was given in return for me signing this employment agreement (TX is an at-will state)

2. Is this too broad (in area and bus types)?

3. My employeer has fired 2/3 of it's employees in 6 months and I am reasonably worried the company will go under soon or I may loose the only source of income for my family of 4

4. I have evidence of rejections to many, many employment applications and resumes I've sent, and this would be the only offer I would be receiving

5. The "client" has recently divested a bus unit that keeps their original name under which I worked for; the unit that I worked for is being renamed (new corporate identity).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">