• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how can an employee protect themselves from a corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Lon

I live in Atlanta,Ga
My company is based in Dallas, Tx.

My Doctor has put me on disability for the stress of the job and severe depression. My concern is that being an executive with the Company I have seen what they have done to other employee’s privacy. I also witness and have been put in situations by the company to force out and or put pressure on employees that they feel are undesirable or costly to the company. I now fit both of those categories and I know that they will look for every angle to terminate me. They have already shown signs that I will be harassed until I quit. This is a very tight net work force. In my current position we know all the competitors and I know that I will be blackballed from ever getting a job at this level and salary. That is why I need to protect my current salary. Here are the current issues that I need help with.
a.On a Monday I was put on short-term disability from my Dr.
b.I was to get my yearly review the next day, Tues. from my boss. At that time I planed to let him know that I would be taking STD.
c.I never got my review however he did demote me from my position and cut my salary by 10,000 and took away a 6,000 car expense.
d.I did not tell vp of human resources that I was taking STD until Thursday.
C.Now they are holding to that date that was given to the vp of human resources, so that they will have to pay me the lower salary. Can I protect my original salary? Also this may go into Long-term disability.
2.All of my subordinates and peers have been told not to speak to me in any form and they feel the way that it was communicated, their job would be in Jeopardy if they did. They also have cut off my voice mail. Can they do this?
3.If my DR. gives me the ok to go back after STD, My employer will offer me a position out of state and in an undesirable location. They will be hoping that I quit. (They have done this to other employees) Can they do this? Do I have any recourse?

E

eileen1290

brace yourself

I don't know what'll happen w/ you, but I suggest you collect any and all dirt on the company, and take the papers home with you-JUST IN CASE.....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">