• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Can I Appeal My Unemployment Denial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smartdiva1969

What is the name of your state? GA
Please help. Last month I had a personal emergency and had to leave town immediately... I emailed my employer to advise them i was having an emergency and would return later in the week... 2 days later i received an email stating i would need to provide documentation of my emergency when returning to work. I emailed her back indicating due to the nature of my concern i would not be able to do that and i would not be able too retuen until the following week becuase the issue was taking longer than i thought. on the sunday before i was returning to work i received an email telling me my job ended, but was not told why. during my unemployment interview, i was told i was terminated becasue i refused to return to work. i told the interviewer the above statement. i received my decision indicating that i would not receive unemployment because i left on a personal emergency and refused to follow my employers policy. How do i appeal this decision, when i was originally told i was fired for refusing to return to work...PLEASE HELP.. I am at wits end here...thanx :confused:

pattytx

As far as the logistics are concerned, your denial letter should state the procedure for filing an appeal.

From your post, however, I would not be optimistic. The employer has every right to ask for the documentation they did and discipline you for not following their absence procedure. I would be very surprised were you to win your appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">