• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How can sent email be verified

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clueless1177

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nc . So I've been reading through forums on the net and I saw one where the person's employer said certain emails were sent to administration and they gave her copies but she feels they are fraudulent.Is it possible for email history sent and received to be verified by investigators?

justalayman

that depends on whether the sender did anything to cover their tracks. If nothing is done, yes, it can be verified where the email originated. If a person knows how to hide their tracks, they can make it difficult. Most people do not do much of anything to hide themselves from the world so the origination point of the email is easily discovered.

commentator

What difference does it make to her if the emails are genuine or fraudulent? If this is an unemployment issue, all she needs to say is "I never saw these emails, they must have been created after I worked there." Nobody is interested in a lengthy process of discovery to "prove" they are faked. If they fired her with faked emails and warnings, etc., she still very likely has no recourse except unemployment benefits anyhow. And to them, as I said, it really won't matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">