• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I prove someone is working for cash?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lorih

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My ex just took me back to court for child support reduction and to get out of the judgements he owes me.

I found out that he is working for a car dealership (his friend ownes it & he worked there while we were married). It's one of those little corner dealerships - not a big one. I drove past there today and he was right out front working on a car.

How do I prove he is currently employeed? Should I take pictures, video? Can it be just one day or does it have to be many? also - do you think this is something I could do myself or is it necessary to find a P.I. to get involved?

I know that he is getting paid cash to get out of paying child support. Also - could if I AM able to prove this in court - would he have to pay any fines or something because I had to retain a lawyer based on his motion that states he needs a reduction because he is unemployed - which is a lie!!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your question really falls outside the employment law aspect; you might get a better response to your question if you post it on one of the divorce or family support boards.

Lorih

could someone get in trouble for getting paid cash?

do you know who I would contact to report someone? And would they really do anything about it or would it be a waste of my time?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">