• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to find out who a co. is thru a temp agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lexi48

What is the name of your state? KS

I have applied at several temp. agencies. I applied at one when I first was let go. It had a position I am qualified for. Did not hear anything so checked a couple weeks later and the position was still there. I contacted the temp. co and they said they had sent my resume to that co. but that they did not want me. No reason was given. This was back in Aug. Well it is Oct. and I went to the temps website and the position is still there. I know it can't be any place I have worked at as they have all shut down. I have given 2 other references of people who were a manager and one of the head people at another co. As I know where they are. I know they will give me good references. I am just afraid of what the last co. will say. I know they can say anything as long as it is truthful and as long as it is not medical related. What I would like to know, is there any legal way to find out who the co. that does not want me? Since a former employer can say anything and they have said something bad, how can you get around it and get a job?

Lexi

Beth3

What I would like to know, is there any legal way to find out who the co. that does not want me? Nope.

Since a former employer can say anything and they have said something bad, how can you get around it and get a job? You're assuming that your reference has something to do with your not getting this job. There's no reason at all to assume that's the case. The client company simply isn't interested in you and there are any number of reasons why that is.

I suggest you forget about this particular position and move on.

lexi48

How to find out

You are right. I am assuming. Another reason I am is because 2 weeks ago this last Thur. I got a call from someone who discussed a job with me. I went in on that Friday and interviewed. I thought it went well. I was told a decision would be made the middle of the next week. On Wed. both my cell and home phones showed they called. They were hiring 8 people. I called them back and was told I did not get the job. Lets say that they are bad mouthing me. Or they may be saying something that in all honesty, is not true. The Friday before the 4th of July I changed my hours to be 30 min. later, leaving at 3:15. I was doing the switchboard. I was doing it all day as the receptionist was taking the day off. I covered for her the 3 plus years. Well the following Wed. I was told that I had closed the switchboard down early. I was what? I had thought of doing that. That is so totally not me. It is against what I believe. I thought it was kind of funny that she would never show me proof that she claimed to have. I know I need to work around it. I just dont know how. I bought some tutorial cds to teach myself all the things they want now that I have never done such as word, excel, powrpont. I am sorry I have rambled on. I have been up for over 24 hours. I just lay in bed last night trying to sleep but never could.

lexi

Lexi,

This is not legal advice, just advice--

Rather than losing sleep and dwelling on what went wrong at your past employer, maybe just try to see it from the employer's point of view, learn from it, and move on. It is great that you are learning new skills now, with that with a positive attitude you should be better off in the end!
( I speak from experience, notice my screen name is "job hunting"!!!!!)

I know it is a huge ego blow to be fired, or leave a job because they weren't happy with you, but think of it this way--life is just a learning experience and we all make mistakes. Don't kill yourself over it--just don't make the same mistakes again.

There are a lot of intelligent people on these boards, read some of their posts and you will learn more!

Good Luck!

Beth3

I bought some tutorial cds to teach myself all the things they want now that I have never done such as word, excel, powrpont. These are absolutely basic and minimum job skills these days. While you're to be commended for trying to learn them, if you are looking for an administrative-type position and have no work experience using any of these software packages, it's not at all surprising why you are having difficulty finding a new job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">