• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

i was wrongfully terminated under FMLA and retaliation from former employer and the local fed judge would rather the private suit be settled (and not go to trial) does anyone know how long something like this can go on? is it up to the former employer and them offering me a deal? anyone have any experience on this or information?

thanks!!

commentator

Be sure that as soon as you are released by your doctor to return to work (if it was an FMLA concerning you) or when you are able to go back to work if it was an ill family member, that you do sign up for your unemployment benefits as well as suing your employer. The two things are separate, and unemployment would give you some income while you are filing this and seeking another job.

i am caring for a sick family member and was working and when I asked to come in late or leave early to take family member to get chemo tmt, i was denied and then fired. (but already approved for FMLA) after private suit delivered to former employer (they fired hr director within 2 weeks) i am currently receiving UC benefits. my impression by that action by former employer is that they are admitting guilt in wrongfully terminating me under FMLA

just curious as the notes from the judge state:
Judge expects parties to resolve most discovery disputes without involving the
court, and holds discovery conferences only if requested. so my concern is how long does this go on before a final settlement is made?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Firing the HR director is not an admission of guilt and will not be seen as such by the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">