• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How long till this company has to pay me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Danny007

What is the name of your state? Colorado

ok here is what is going on i been workin for this comp that installs dishnetwork tv at the first the yr there secratery told me pay days were gonna change to i get paid when they do then this last tues she says my install rates droped 15 to 20 bux a job so i quite the super says he will pay me for what he got paid on and i have to wait till they get the rest there pay to collect mine now from what i can see in co laws they have to pay me in full on the day were sapposed to get paid but it doesnt explain a whole lot about it any help i could get would be great thanks

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In Colorado, if you quit, you have to wait till the next scheduled payday for your final pay. Only if you are fired does the employer have to give it to you immediately.

Or is that even the question? It's hard to tell - your post is almost unintelligible.

D

Danny007

sorry im not the smartest when it comes to this

ok payday is this fri the 16th he has told me he is only payin me what he collects from dishnet and the rest he will pay me next fri the 23rd he cant do that right

thanks for the fast response

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, since he IS doing it, he evidently CAN. Whether it's legal or not is another story.

But on the flip side, how do you expect him to pay you money he hasn't received yet?

While technically it's not legal, I think the DOL is going to be more concerned with employers who are trying to get out of paying altogether, rather than employers who by all accounts have every intention of paying as soon as they themselves get paid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">