• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How much could this add up to be??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

erichamm

What is the name of your state? de
I'm currently suing a major corporation and I have an attorney to take my case on a contingency basis. I still have to pay for expenses such as faxes and mailing and other expenses I was wondering how much this can add up to?

Also the corporation is suing me for their legal fees which will probably be about $300,000....is there a chance I may have to pay their legal fees because I don't have two nickels to my name?

racer72

I'm currently suing a major corporation and I have an attorney to take my case on a contingency basis. I still have to pay for expenses such as faxes and mailing and other expenses I was wondering how much this can add up to?
We have no way of knowing how many of each may be required, ask your attorney.

Also the corporation is suing me for their legal fees which will probably be about $300,000....is there a chance I may have to pay their legal fees because I don't have two nickels to my name?
A judgment is good forever in Delaware. It can follow you till the day you die and your estate after that.

erichamm

Well they aren't suing me but they are asking for me to pay their legal fees. What my question is "Is what are the chances of me having to pay their legal fees" If I do that just doesn't seem like justice.

Last edited:

Or Not

Well they aren't suing me but they are asking for me to pay their legal fees. What my question is "Is what are the chances of me having to pay their legal fees" If I do that just doesn't seem like justice.
If the corporation is found innocent of the charges you've brought against them, you likely will be held accountable for their legal defense. If you hadn't brought the charges, they wouldn't be defending. How much you are able to afford does not adjust the amount their defense costs.

erock

First of all Are you are a lawyer? and secondly do you know what you are talking about? That doesn't make any sense at all

pattytx

Why are you asking strangers on an Internet BB when you have an attorney? You should be asking him/her these questions. That's what you're paying an attorney for.

las365

The amount of your case expenses will depend on what has to be done. Some are pretty easy to determine: filing fees and process service have pretty standard amounts. Depositions may run from $500-1500 or more each, depending on how long they are and what the going rate in your area is for court reporters. Expert witnesses likewise will have a rate in your area; in mine, it's usually $2000-10,000 depending on how much work they do, whether they are deposed and/or have to testify at trial. Record retrieval will vary depending on the volume of records. Charges for copies and other internal expenses will depend on the volume of documents processed and how much mail is sent, etc.

The further the case goes into litigation, the higher the expenses, generally.

It is usually hard to estimate how much the expenses will be at the beginning of a case. It's a good idea to get an expense tally from your lawyer periodically so you don't have a sticker shock at the end of the case (assuming you prevail).

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
what are the chances of me having to pay their legal fees

Since we have no idea of the strength of your case, we have no possible way of answering this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">