• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to respond to Have you ever been arrested? Can corporations find out about them?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottchiusano

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

How to respond to Have you ever been arrested? Can corporations/financial institutions/the bar association find out?

I have been arrested once when I was 16; the case was eventually dismissed and sealed pursuant to 160.50 of NY CPL

However, now I am worried about how I should respond on job applications, specifically for the 3 institutions listed in the title

realistically, yes, I guess I have been arrested but I have found that NY CPL 160.60 gives me statutory power to deny any incident sealed under 160.50 (that was my only incident)

however, I wonder about how those 3 groups of employers might be able to verify or disprove the veracity of my denial

I would think that those 3 employers would have more access to sealed records than a McDonalds manager.

Also, i am somewhat incredulous of NY's statement that sealed records are not released unless it is for a gun permit or law enforcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">