• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How soon will a conviction show up on my background record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

redline_23

I interviewed with a company about 2-3 weeks ago and as of then i did not have a felony conviction (That's all the question on the application asked was "Any felony convictions?"). So i answered "no", since then i have plead guilty (as of monday) to a felony. By the way i have not been sentenced, although the DA has already said i will only get probation. The company has called me in to take a drug test (which i am not worried about) and they are gonna do a background check, how soon will the conviction show up? By the way i am in Alabama. Thanks guys!!

A

Always searching

It takes 30-60 days to get a criminal background check on a person. You might slide in under the wire, but be prepared for the worst. If they take you to task about the felony, the usual method for dismissal is that you lied on the ap. But in actuality, the felony didn't happen until after the actual hiring date. I would keep my mouth shut like a steel trap and don't discuss this with anyone. People like to talk and this would be ripe gossip. You might get away with this. Time will tell. Prove to them that you are the best employee they have ever had. If they have a policy that no one with a felony can be hired then it will be disapppointing for you but....try and stay quiet, don't say anything to your co-workers about your worries or concerns and I hope for you this works out.

R

redline_23

Well i know how long it takes for them to get the background check back, it should be back today or Monday. I just wanted to know if i was found guilty on this past Monday, if it would show up this quick on a background check.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">