• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hurt at work without workers comp.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rubibee

i was hurt at work in november lifting gate at my employment. i waited until april to go to dr. boss told me to go and whatever the damage was, he would take care of it. i then found out that he has NO workmans comp. he has since applied for workers comp. and wants me to wait for a couple of weeks, reinjure myself, and go to a new dr.. what can i do about this?? he has stated that he has no money for a MRI or surgery, so this is why he has opted to sign up for workers comp. now. please give me advise on where to go from here. thank you.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If you were hurt so badly, why did you wait until April? That first off does not sound Kosher.

What your boss is doing or wants to do is fraudulent, and you can be held liable for his actions as an accomplice.

So, may I suggest finding state aid to help you, by going about it the right way, not the dishonest way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">