• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Husband fired because of hearsay in state of AR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

coolcat

My husband was called into his bosses office and told that he (his boss) had recived a call from someone stateing that he (my husband) was stealing and doing drugs!! None of which is true.. My husband ask didnt he think mabye he might have an enemy and they did this to hurt our family, his boss said settle it and have a drug test. he had just passed initial hiring test and told him he didnt see why, and why would he (boss) beleave someone that just called didnt have the nerve to come in and make those acusations aginst him, his bosses reply to that was, "how would this look on me if the main office knew about this call and knew that i did not act on it." So tell me would this not be self defameation when my husband has to find another job and tell what happened on last job, and what if the ex-boss tells a potinial employer about the call that lead to his dismissal??? are their grounds for a lawsuite...oh and my husband worked for 1/2 a day befor he was called in the office about this and said that he felt that everyone their knew about the situation as he was treated diff. did his boss have a right to tell everyone if he did

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">