• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I am confussed on the law here!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lloyd Wallace

What is the name of your state?New Mexico
Alright I was susspended without pay because a friend of mine was caught stealing. He went in told them he did it all but I am still on suspension, so I call and ask him why. He says that new info has come up but the ppl responsible for the theft are already jail bound, he keeps saying that I have nothing to do with it but still am on suspension. 5 days later he says info has come to his attention that involves me I ask him what he doesnt tell. Now I am on my 6th day of suspension and I have no answers so here is my questions

1. Does he have to tell me what was said about me?
2. Do I have any case for stressful termination?
3. and, Everyone at my employeement thinks I stole so I now have a label one way or another is there anything I can do about that?
p.s plz keep sarcasim too a minimum thx.

BelizeBreeze

Lloyd Wallace said:
What is the name of your state?New Mexico
Alright I was susspended without pay because a friend of mine was caught stealing. He went in told them he did it all but I am still on suspension, so I call and ask him why. He says that new info has come up but the ppl responsible for the theft are already jail bound, he keeps saying that I have nothing to do with it but still am on suspension. 5 days later he says info has come to his attention that involves me I ask him what he doesnt tell. Now I am on my 6th day of suspension and I have no answers so here is my questions

1. Does he have to tell me what was said about me?
2. Do I have any case for stressful termination?
3. and, Everyone at my employeement thinks I stole so I now have a label one way or another is there anything I can do about that?
p.s plz keep sarcasim too a minimum thx.
No
No
and No
o.k.

Beth3

1. I was susspended without pay because a friend of mine was caught stealing. What does your friend being caught stealing have to do with you? Do you both work at the same place? Did he come into your place of employment to steal? You need to explain the connection.

2. He went in told them he did it all but I am still on suspension, so I call and ask him why. He says... He who? Your boss? There's a lot of "he's" and "him's" in your post but it's not clear who you're referring to.

1. Does he have to tell me what was said about me? Again, he who? The boss? No, he does not have to tell you what was said about you.

2. Do I have any case for stressful termination? There's no such thing as a cause of action for stressful termination. If you mean wrongful (illegal) termination, the answer is no.

3. and, Everyone at my employeement thinks I stole so I now have a label one way or another is there anything I can do about that? If your co-workers and/or the rumor mill have concluded you're a thief because you are suspended because your employer suspected you of being involved, that's not illegal. Your employer may suspend you on suspicion of misconduct if they wish to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">