• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I believe my boss was stealing and I got fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hopenangel

Hello my name is lona aka: hopenangel
i live in florida & worked for smc for 5yrs. 3 of those years as a diamond consultant...i was told to be brief when writting this so i will try, there is so much to say so you can understand what exactly took place, so i will start we had a previously owened jewelry show on a monday i closed along with 2 others & was told on tues. that i had left 2 bxs of jewelry on the counter top(the bxs in ? are blk about 2x8x12 sitting on a clear glass counter) my first reaction to my boss was to say you've got to be kidding lets look at the video, considering that they were doing some renovations to the store and there were people working there overnight.. he said what video? i said the one that runs 24hrs. a day... he said to me don't worry since the manager that closed that night probablly wouldn't say anything since he didn't walk the dept. at closing that night (he and i were both written up due to a robbery that took place a few months prior) (there is much more) i worked that whole day, and was off the next 2 days thurs. was thanksgiving, well i can assure you i did nothing but worry those 2 days... on friday we had another show i worked from 10am until about 3pm and sold approx. $15,000 worth of jewelry at about 3 i decided to take a break and was told by my mgr that he & the store mgr needed to speak to me at that point, i walked into the store mgrs. office with my mgr. and she very ruddly told me i was fired because of what happened on mon night, she said that my mgr. told her i was left in charge, i looked directly at him and told him that he was a liar that, that had never happened & since the robbery i told him on several occassions when he asked me to take charge of the dept. that i wouldn't (many people heard me say this) that was not what i was hired for i was a dia. consultant not the jewerly or store mgr. not the jewelry or store asst. mgr. and not the even 3rd key carrier... when he told me the day of the show that he & the 3rd key holder were leaving for the day which was around 6pm I told him there was noone to close the dept.he said don't worry they are doing an overnight in the store & there would be someone in the store all night don't worry... all he could do as i was saying this, pleading for my job was look down to the ground... noone else was fired over this not even written up, only me and none of it made since not then & not today{i hope you are able to keep up with what i am saying here } so none the less this particular evening i still to this day remember it like it was yesterday... we closed that night me and 2 other associates both of whom are dia assoc, one assoc. helped me while the other finished tidying up the place... as the other assoc. that was helping me, pulled the black boxes that were to also be put onto the cart to go into the safe that assoc. went to get the cart as i continued pulling the items from the cases go into the safe we pulled the merchandise, to be put into the safe, the assoc. that was helping me put the merchandise on the cart, we called for a mgr. to open the door of the room that the safe was in since none of us had the keys to enter this room and the warehouse mgr. that was working that evening came and opened the door to the room that the safe was kept in I loaded the items into the safe and called for her to lock it up, she did so without checking to make sure all items were put into the safe and also with out checking the dept. first for anything that might have been missed, at that time i went back into the dept. pulled on the case covers to make sure that they were locked, prior to all of this the asst. store mgr gave me a very large glass case that they were doing away with since they were rennovating,(to keep my dolls in I still have the case) it was outside on the side of the building so my girlfriend met me at the store with my pickup truck to get it.... (i must say this so you understand why it was so odd that noone saw these 2 black boxes sitting on the glass counter, when you walk into the store doors you look directly at the diamond bay of the jewelry dept. it is only about 25 ft. from the door, you walk into the dept. there is like a horseshoe shaped opening were the majority of the high end jewelry is showcased) i walked out the front doors with the permission of the asst. store mgr. i had 2 other assoc. attempting to help me and my friend with loading this glass case into the back of my truck, as we are doing so the asst. mgr. comes out to tell me the jewelry receiver is on the phone, i told him i would just talk to her tomorrow if it wasn't an emergency, before going back in he told me i could have that case that was inside the store instead since this case had a broken piece of glass, so after 15min. of trying to get this item into my truck the fellows and i decided that we would get the one from inside the store... my girlfriend and i backed my truck up to the front doors and i went inside to get the other case ready to be moved the fellows and my mgr. had gone in ahead of me, at this moment the warehouse mgr. came to let me in and i took the glass shelves out of this case which weighs about 300lbs and the guys went to get a dolly to move it to the front door i moved the shelves in 3 trips to the door since they were quite heavy by themselves, the warehouse mgr. opened the door to let us out with the case we loaded it up it took about 30min. & the store mgr came to see how we were doing then the wh mgr came & let me back in to get the shelves... & disappeared again i paged my asst. store mgr. to ask if i could borrow the dolly since the case was much heavier then i thought it was... he said no problem then the wh mgr. let me out one final time as we were starting to leave the store & wh mgrs were saying have a nice evening & becareful... now can you count just how many people & how many times we passed the counter that these 2 black boxes were supposed to be on & noone noticed them, this is why on tues. when i came in i was so confused, my jewelry mgr. told me that the asst. store mgr. found them... & again my reaction was to look at the tape, for many reasons... when i lost my job with smc i was devastated to the point of being bed ridden... when i started looking for another job i found myself vurtually blackballed because this was indeed a safety issue, i started going to counciling because of it & even separated from my life partner for 8months due to all the stress... because it was so hard to find a job for the first time in my life i went to the unemployment office to be told that i didn't qualify because of my termination, i did fight that & had to go thru a mediation hearing, the asst. store mgr., human resources the phone, the mediater on one & myself on the other after about 1 1/2 hrs. of ?s & answers (i have the tape of that conversation) the mediator told me he would notify me within 10days with his decission in 3 days i received a letter i couldn't open it for hrs. but, when i did it said unemployment granted, terminated yes but, not believed for reasons given...they didn't even offer the unemployment officer the tape to view & the asst.mgr said the my mgr found the boxes not him, one little bit of success :eek:) since all of this has happened i have had a great deal of time to think about everything, and after the robbery we had we had to do & audit & write off alot of items for months after that i continued to find things missing 2ct. earrings bracelets a 1ct royal sol. in a layaway that it didn't belong in & at closer look it was a cz with a solitaire tag on it...all he said about that item was were did you get it and i have already brought it to the attent. of loss prevention, but for months it stayed in our comp. system an when i asked about it i got my questions shrugged off... all of these things i brought to my mgrs. attention... the asst. jewelry mgr. who wasn't present is one of my best friends she told me then to find an attorney & so did her husband they also thought there was more to all this, and tried i couldn't find anyone to hear my pleas let alone take my case... i was asked by an fbi agent to look at some items 2 months ago to see if i could tell if any of these items were sold by smc or if i could tell if 1 particular ring was 1 which our old jewelry repair man created.. they didn't even have to open the bag that it was in i knew that ring was the one alan had made, i had tried to sell that ring a dozen times & as good a sells person i am i couldn't sell it, it haunted me, so to speak, in talking to them further i realized that my old mgr. was the one that the were suspecting of the robbery in our store & in another, the more i have thought of everything that transpired the more i believe with all my heart that my old mgr. thought that sooner or later i would figure something out or ask the loss prevention person myself what was going on, i was offered my job back about 6-8 months ago if i would sign a wavier of release for that company, i so wanted to sign it because i so loved my job there, but i couldn't i felt that would release them from all the pain they have caused me... by the way, my jewelry mgr. and store mgr. that fired me were only with the company apprx. 3 months after my termination, he quite because he was going to be let go, & she retired early she had 2 more yrs before she was to retire, do you see my delemma there are so many things that just didn't make since and i don't know if there is anything that i can do, it has been almost 3 yrs since this happened & it hasn't been for a lack of trying to get someone to hear me because i have, and it isn't over yet i realize because it was just 2 months ago that i talked with the fbi... is there anything that i can i feel that i not only lost a job that i loved but, a profession that i worked so very hard, lossing this job devistated me then an still does today..can anyone help me? :eek:)Hopenangel(o:

L

loku

I suggest you look at the other postings. Questions as long as yours rarely get answered.

Try and rephrase your question so as to shorten it considerably. Then you have a very good chance of getting and answer. Leave out details that have nothing to do with the legal issues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">