• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I blew the Whistle on the RVP and got fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Richard E Gagne

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I want to start by saying that I worked for a major Auto Aftermarket Parts retailer for 9 years never got a written or verbal warning during my 9 years of employment. My company promotes a program called my safe workplace. Well I seen some of what I believed to be misconduct coming from my regional office where he (my RVP) had a personal vendetta against my division manager. He ended up taking a demotion and going to Kansas City where he was from. To say the least before he left he promised every one the world and delivered very little. After the former division manager left I noticed that my fellow store managers began to have issues with the RVP one after another. I felt that this was a pattern and he was terminating all store managers that were under my former DM. Well I called this My Safe Work Place to fill a report and during this conversation they stated that this information would never get into the hands of my regional office. I had already got permission to transfer to Tampa Florida and stuff was in the works to get me out there. I just felt that the right thing to do was to get some one out there to investigate the issues. Then on the 8th my home office sent out the information to the regional office for them to investigate them self? Any how on the ninth they investigated me in having used a turned in company vehicle (former DM) which I admit I used as my former DM stated that it did not matter weather I used it or not. Well I kept quiet about my sending in the letter that day but went home and noticed that through My safe work place (you can view updates on line) that the information was posted that they sent my RVP the information. The next day I found that My transfer to Tampa was on hold (terminated until my pending investigation) My regional office called me and I told them at that point I know that they got the information about my sending in a report. And that I felt that this investigation was due solely to retribution for my sending in information and asking for them to be investigated. The conversation was cut very short I was called a few times and during one of the phone calls I was asked how I felt about my former Dm and I said I would have liked to strangle him for all the crap that he left us with. This was a figure of speech solely and I stated this as well. My RVP stated that this would be investigated by his boss and the director of human resources. In the end a few days later my RVP came to me and said that I was fired for code of ethics violation in filing a false report. And threatening language in reference to my statement of strangling my former DM. I have copies of all my E mails and all the information from my Safe Work Place. I believe that I can prove that this was due to retribution but need to show some one my information. I have little money as I am now out of work but I really believe that I have something do I? Is there a time limit to persue this? as I have limited money and might have to wait till I get re employed.

Beth3

Even if you were fired in retaliation for making a complaint about your RVP's actions, that is not illegal. However when you said you wanted to strangle your former GM (even if that was a figure of speech), you handed them a reason to fire you on a silver platter.

Nothing you have written indicates anything unlawful took place or that you have any basis to pursue a claim against the company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">