• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I feel I was fired based on a lie.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twikki

I live in California.

I was hired on a job on November 12. Our supervisor was moved to another departmen in mid December. We did not get a new supervisor until the end of February.

On April 25 the supervisor asked me to locate a file. Upon telling her where I located it she informed me that was impossible, she had checked the bin where I found it twice, and I had been "hiding" the file in my pocked. She further informed me I was a liar and she would never trust me again.

On May 6 she informed me it was "obvious" we weren't getting along and I should consider moving.

On May 7 in a meeting with Human Resources she admitted she was having a bad day when she told me that and we agreed to try harder to get along.

On May 12 she wrote me up because I had mentioned to a fellow employee that I was afraid I was going to be fired. She also stated that I also threatened the employee I had mentioned it to, and if it ever came up again I was to be terminated immediately.

On May 13 I was called up to the conference room and terminated. No reason was given. I was told I was being let go, I was asked to sign some papers and told to clean my locker, hand in my lab coat, and leave.

While applying for unemployment benefits the interviewer told me one of the people who was there when I was let go stated I was told and it was because of the write up the day before. She also stated that the employee that stated I threatened him said I wanted to take him and a Ouija board on a picnic in the cemetary and he had better not tell anyone or else.

I was never, ever, told why I was being let go.

This is totally false. While I did mention my fear of getting fired I in no way threatened anyone. The part about the cemetary and the Ouija board is a figment of his imagination.

I would like to know if I have any rights in this matter and if so what are they? Thank you in advance for your time.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
While if the facts are as stated you appear to have gotten a raw deal, nothing in your post suggests that anything unlawful has occurred.

A

Andrea04

Does your state have the AT will Law because if they don't then I would consider talking to someone. The law in this country is based on the color green, if you have it I would look into.

A

Andrea04

HomeGuru said:
**A: tell the truth.

I told the truth about my learning disability and do you think I got a call back for the job, no I didn't. so tell me is telling the truth always an option get real.

StacyLB

You should tell the truth about your situation--a new supervisor came on board and it didn't work out. You may be asked a few specifics, but I wouldn't worry about rehashing the Ouji board in a cemetary portion. Best of luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">