• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I feel as though I was

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

clt0110

What is the name of your state?FL
I worked for a temp agency that assigned a job to me that I really enjoyed. Was there almost 3 months. About 3-4 weeks prior to my firing I noticed the manager was getting meaner and meaner to me. Not telling me anything that was going on in the office (things everyone knew but me), she was very rude regarding my herniated disk issue, that's what got me fired. The end of the month we were getting new carpet in the office. We were to pack up our things before the carpet was to be laid. I mentioned to the manager that I couldn't lift anything heavy due to my back. She snapped at me saying I know all about your back and am sick of hearing about it. You do what you have to do and I will do what I have to do. I stated I have a doctors excuse and that I never talk to her about my back. The only time she knew anything was when I was diagnosed. I had talked to others about it because they had the same problem.

With her we all had to hear about her 20+ years in the military and things won't happen on "her watch". Things like making friends, gossip, etc. Funny thing is she has 2 pets (employees) that are right up her butt. They always take 15 to 45 minutes smoke breaks, gossip, etc.

Anyway, hope you get the idea of where I am going because I could gone on forever. I just felt that I was fired unfairly. My question is what can I do? Do I go after the staffing agency or the county (was a county position) or am I SOL? :mad: :eek: :(

Thank you

C

CheeseBlotto

There's nothing you've said that comes within a country mile of an illegal act.

Bosses aren't required to be nice, nor competent, nor smart. If they were, we'd need a lot more prisons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">