• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was fired and I need some guidance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Anndent04

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
I was recently fired at my job that I was at for two years. I was fired due to something really rediculas and I was given no notice. My boss has been looking to fire me for quite sometime and had no reason to earlier. I was wondering if I was entitled to compensation because I was given no notice. I was speaking to a friend of mine and they asked if they were sending me a check for two weeks pay. They needed to give me notice she said of two weeks like I had to give them notice if I was leaving. I was just curiouse if that is correct or not. I have no knowledge in this area, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Whoever gave you that info was wrong! You are entitled to nothing. You liv ein an "at will" state that menas you can be fired at anytime with or without notice for any or no reason. The only exceptions would be if the termination violated law (not according to your posts) or you had a cba or contract. None of which you mention. On an equal front you can quit for any or no reason with or without warning. file for unemployment and seek new employment

mlane58

Justy to add that there isn't any law. state or federal that requires an employer to provide an employee being terminated with any ty of severance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">