• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was fired wrongly help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angeliawilds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
I WAS FIRED IN SEPTEMBER 2009 I WORKED AT A CONVIENCE STORE AS A CASHIER IN A VERY SMALL FAMILY TOWN I WAS AN OUTSIDDER THOUGH THE CUSTOMERS WHERE VERY NICE AND REALLY LIKE ME AND MY SOUTHERN ACCIENT I WORKED THERE FOR 8 MONTHS WITH NO WRITE UPS I ACTUALLY HAD VERY HIGH SELLS WHEN I WAS AT WORK THIS WAS IN KANAS IM NOW BACK HOME IN FLORIDA. WELL THERE INVENDTORY STARTED MISSING MORE EACH MONTH THIS WAS HAPPENING EVEN BEFORE I WORKED THERE. THEY CAME TO ME ABOUT BECAUSE I WAS THE EMPLOYEE WHO HAD BEEN THERE THE LEAST AMOUT OF TIME WHICH MY MANAGER SAID THEY DO THAT I GOT IN TROUBLE ONCE FOR ACCEPTING A CHECK FROM A TOWN THAT WAS FIFTEEN MIN AWAY WHICH I WAS TRAINED TO DO EXCEPT ALL CHECKS BECAUSE THIS IS A FAMILY STORE DONT PISS OF THE LOCALS SO THEY TOLD ALL EMPLOYESS WE NOLONGER ACCEPT CHECKS ANYMORE THEN 2 WEEKS LATER THEY FIRED ME AND SAID IT WAS DUE TO DOWNSIZING I HAVE IT WRITTEN ON A GOVERMENT DOCUMENT PROFF FROM THE MANAGER STATING LAIDOFF DUE TO DOWNSIZING 3 DAYS LATER THEY FILLED MY POSITION AND ALSO NEVER RESPONDED TOTHE UNEMPLOYEEMENT CLAIM I MADE SO THEY APPROVED ME I KINDA GOT THAT GUTT FEELING THEY THOUGHT I WAS STEALING BUT THERE IS 6 CAMERAS IN THAT STORE THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD STEAL 2 WEEKS BEFORE I GOT CANED MY MANAGER ACUSED ME OF STEALING BISQUITS THEN THE NEXT DAY SHE REMEMBER WHERE SHE PUT THEM AND TOLD OTHER CUSTOMERS AND HER FRIENDS THAT I TOOK THEM I HAD PEOPLE COMING UP TO ME ASKING IF I STOLE SOME DAMN BISQUITS THEN I PUT APPLICATIONS EVERYWHERE AND NO ONE WOULD HIRE ME BECAUSE OF THE RUMORS I HAD TO LEAVE KANAS WITH MY 2 KIDS BECAUSE I HAD NO WORK I HAD TO SELL MY CAR AND EVERYTHING I OWED TO MOVE BACK IN WITH MY PARENTS AT 35 YEARS OLD WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS IF ANYTHING:eek:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
I WAS FIRED IN SEPTEMBER 2009 I WORKED AT A CONVIENCE STORE AS A CASHIER IN A VERY SMALL FAMILY TOWN I WAS AN OUTSIDDER THOUGH THE CUSTOMERS WHERE VERY NICE AND REALLY LIKE ME AND MY SOUTHERN ACCIENT I WORKED THERE FOR 8 MONTHS WITH NO WRITE UPS I ACTUALLY HAD VERY HIGH SELLS WHEN I WAS AT WORK THIS WAS IN KANAS IM NOW BACK HOME IN FLORIDA. WELL THERE INVENDTORY STARTED MISSING MORE EACH MONTH THIS WAS HAPPENING EVEN BEFORE I WORKED THERE. THEY CAME TO ME ABOUT BECAUSE I WAS THE EMPLOYEE WHO HAD BEEN THERE THE LEAST AMOUT OF TIME WHICH MY MANAGER SAID THEY DO THAT I GOT IN TROUBLE ONCE FOR ACCEPTING A CHECK FROM A TOWN THAT WAS FIFTEEN MIN AWAY WHICH I WAS TRAINED TO DO EXCEPT ALL CHECKS BECAUSE THIS IS A FAMILY STORE DONT PISS OF THE LOCALS SO THEY TOLD ALL EMPLOYESS WE NOLONGER ACCEPT CHECKS ANYMORE THEN 2 WEEKS LATER THEY FIRED ME AND SAID IT WAS DUE TO DOWNSIZING I HAVE IT WRITTEN ON A GOVERMENT DOCUMENT PROFF FROM THE MANAGER STATING LAIDOFF DUE TO DOWNSIZING 3 DAYS LATER THEY FILLED MY POSITION AND ALSO NEVER RESPONDED TOTHE UNEMPLOYEEMENT CLAIM I MADE SO THEY APPROVED ME I KINDA GOT THAT GUTT FEELING THEY THOUGHT I WAS STEALING BUT THERE IS 6 CAMERAS IN THAT STORE THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD STEAL 2 WEEKS BEFORE I GOT CANED MY MANAGER ACUSED ME OF STEALING BISQUITS THEN THE NEXT DAY SHE REMEMBER WHERE SHE PUT THEM AND TOLD OTHER CUSTOMERS AND HER FRIENDS THAT I TOOK THEM I HAD PEOPLE COMING UP TO ME ASKING IF I STOLE SOME DAMN BISQUITS THEN I PUT APPLICATIONS EVERYWHERE AND NO ONE WOULD HIRE ME BECAUSE OF THE RUMORS I HAD TO LEAVE KANAS WITH MY 2 KIDS BECAUSE I HAD NO WORK I HAD TO SELL MY CAR AND EVERYTHING I OWED TO MOVE BACK IN WITH MY PARENTS AT 35 YEARS OLD WHAT CAN I DO ABOUT THIS IF ANYTHING:eek:
Please stop posting in all caps, or we will fire you too.

You have no case. Look for a new job.

angeliawilds

Wow it that all you could come up with your a smart fellow
send your mother my deapest regests and ill send her flowers:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

cyjeff

Wow it that all you could come up with your a smart fellow
send your mother my deapest regests and ill send her flowers:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
Nice.

First, typing in all capitals makes a post almost impossible to read. It is considered yelling on the internet.

Add in your numerous grammatical and spelling errors and you are lucky you got a response at all.

Having said that, nothing you posted pointed to an illegal termination. Employers are not courts of law. They do not have to assemble witnesses or gather evidence.

They can fire you for no reason at all. They are also constitutionally allowed to have an opinion.

The above advice was correct. You look for another job.

Antigone*

Nice.

First, typing in all capitals makes a post almost impossible to read. It is considered yelling on the internet.

Add in your numerous grammatical and spelling errors and you are lucky you got a response at all.

Having said that, nothing you posted pointed to an illegal termination. Employers are not courts of law. They do not have to assemble witnesses or gather evidence.

They can fire you for no reason at all. They are also constitutionally allowed to have an opinion.

The above advice was correct. You look for another job.
...and if Patty were online she'd tell him that they could fire him for wearing green socks if they felt like it and it would still be legal:D

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do - it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. This was not a wrongful termination. File for unemployment and look for a new job.

A wrongful termination does not mean that you were fired for something you didn't do - it means that you were fired for a reason prohibited by law. This was not a wrongful termination. File for unemployment and look for a new job.
Anyone else think that this should just be an AutoReply to any and all posts on this board? Just a thought. :D

pattytx

Oh lord yes. :p

I doubt the posters will believe anything auto, their situation is unique! lmao:rolleyes:
Many of us (I think) have the standard responses saved in Word. Copy. Paste. Easy-Peasy.
Another one is "of course you have to pay it back". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

commentator

But there's always that personal thing. Everyone feels like their situation is different, and whether it is or not, their feelings are real. I spent many years doing "reality orientation counseling" for clients. (They tell you how they'd like the world to operate, and you tell them how it really does operate.) But perhaps some folks will be inspired to act (and vote) to make the world more as they'd like it to be.

Love your green socks line, patti!

>Charlotte<

Lurker
But there's always that personal thing. Everyone feels like their situation is different, and whether it is or not, their feelings are real.
That's true, and God bless 'em. But you can only read...

"Hi, I've read all the posts on here about at-will employment, I know what at-will employment is, I know I work in an at-will employment state, and I know that I can be fired for anything as long as it's not due to my race, sex, religion, etc. But, I was just fired because I gave my friends my store discount. Do I have a case for wrongful termination?

...so many times before you want to just punch your monitor.

pattytx

That's true, and God bless 'em. But you can only read...

"Hi, I've read all the posts on here about at-will employment, I know what at-will employment is, I know I work in an at-will employment state, and I know that I can be fired for anything as long as it's not due to my race, sex, religion, etc. But, I was just fired because I gave my friends my store discount. Do I have a case for wrongful termination?

...so many times before you want to just punch your monitor.
But I LIKE my monitor. :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">