• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i got fired for no reason at all...do i have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MISGRANT24

I live in dover, delaware. I got hired at this cleaning company about 2 1/2 weeks ago. There 5 workers including the boss. everything was going good the boss had told the main boss that i was dependable and all. i've called out once in which i notified my boss of the reason. i've been late once in which event i called my boss and let her know what was going on and went to work later on that day. one day my boss was telling me that there was another girl that she would have hired but she was taking nursing classes so she had hired me instead. i went to an interview one day and let my boss know and she asked me should she start looking for someone else. i told her no because even if i got the job that i interviewed for i would still work at nights with her. so i let her know a week in advance that i needed the following friday off to go out of town. she agrees to this. a day before i leave to go out of town one of the workers told me that my boss said she was going to get the girl that had been taking the nursing classes to take my spot friday. my coworker also said that my boss said that she wanted the other girl. and my coworker didn't understand why she was doing that since i would be back to work on monday, neither did i . (we don't work on weekends). so, i go up to my boss house monday morning prepared to work (on time, mind you). i call her from my car and ask her whats going on for the day. she tells me that she was going to call and let me know that "we don't need you anymore". then she asked me "how was your trip?" . so i say, " it was fine, why don't you need me anymore?" and she said "oh, it just wasn't working out, i need your address so i can send you your last check." so i'm confused. a day later i find out that she has the girl that was taking the nursing classes working in my place. this is not fair and i think i have a case because i did absolutely nothing wrong to get fired from this job. i feel used. do i have a case? is there anything i can do to stop this from happening to anyone else?

Beth3

So within your first 2-1/2 weeks on a new job, you were absent three times - calling in on one occasion, tardy on another, and then asking for a Friday off. I imagine that's why your new boss felt it wasn't working out. No, you do not have a case and most employers would fire a new employee with that kind of attendance record.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">